|oh I get it... the scepter thing made the black water turn blue, allowing you to see the doorways inside that water.|
found a new treasure on S2..
E2 - got a lantern, which made E3 - Castle of Illusion appear
E4 apparently can get the red treasure here, but it's very annoying to find
- then a pump made an elevator float up through the water in N4 and W3
E3 - Castle of Illusion's grey chest had a stomp powerup. That opened up things in N6, W6, W1, N2
After Spear Bee boss in W1 Desert Ruins... Sun fragments put together... made the owl come down in E4, E3, and E2...
E4 Colossal Hole green chest - owl part, leads to High Jump boots. Opens up things in S1, E1, S5
E1 - Skeleton Pirate boss, green chest has music box opening whirlpool and
W5 - Beneath the Waves - grey key and chest would've been impossible without high jump... find a bomb that blows something up at S5, E1, and E4...
- oh awesome, now those floors with bombs between them are gone.
E1 - tree digging/floating room
E4 - just a tricky snake high jump room for the train treasure
S5 - red treasure - had to high jump, get flattened, encounter a new spikey enemy that becomes a platform when I stomp... then donut blocks
S5 Cave of Flames again... a really hard fire block timing puzzle... bridge with jumping fish AND ice bears, which I need to get across while invisible... finally roll-jumping over lava...
- found a bag of something... the tornado-looking thing went inside it... opened something at N1, the very first level
N1 Out of the Woods - I've noticed this level is very WL1-esque... just straight paths, with optional paths of breakable blocks for music coins/treasure... optional hidden caves, etc... instead of all that exploration being necessary like it is now in this game...
- green chest here... it was kinda hard to find, like the chests in WL1... had flipper powerup
can now fight water currents
- N4, S4, W5 all have new stuff... that'll be next time